Monday 20 August 2007

Little Italy (1955) by William Klein

little italy
William Klein
Gun 2, Little Italy
1955

© William Klein
Scan courtesy of
Masters of Photography

It's simply the boy who interests me here - the boy to the left of the photo, the foreground of the photo. He is so much loving to be clicked, and he presents such a warm smile and warm eyes. Who would not like to befriend him? I would so much like to play with him - I would like to be a boy and run on the beach with him, would love to sleep at his house (what kind of parents and house does he have? I would like to know his grandparents, and sleep at his place listening to stories from his grandmother), and I would like to talk girls with him - both of us growing up together, exploring this world of shades, which are all not reproducible, definitely not in a photo.Did he live (or is he living) the happy life that he so much anticipates in the photo?

No comments: